Most people when they are beginning the idea of hiring a local moving company search for 2 very common ideas. The first search is cheap moving companies near me and then they search for…how can I make my moving cheaper? In this blog post, I want to give you some very down-to-earth and basic steps you can do today to save hundreds of dollars. Here is the list below:
1. Find a good deal on a rental truck: If you are brave and have thought about a DIY project, moving yourself could be an option. Make sure you compare prices for the rental and mileage fees as well as understand the size of the truck you will need.
2. Have a Moving Party: here you can invite over friends and family to help you and you provide all the food and drinks. This will help you save the most $$ and at the same time, you can spend time with the people closest to you!
3. Pack up things you do not need: Boxing up items like extra dishes, clothes, and other things you wone need will help you save a lot of time on moving day. And we all know time is money:) By having this all done ahead of time you can dedicate moving day to other bigger things you need to address.
4. Sell things you do not need anymore: Having a garage sale or selling items online is a great way to be able to move fewer things. You will be surprised how many times when you start moving you realize you still have items you no longer use, or items you have too many of. Selling these items for extra money always comes in handy.
5. Find and use your own boxes: The price for boxes and supplies can add up to several hundred dollars on a typical move. If you can get boxes from stores or maybe from friends that have recently moved you will save a ton of money. Most moving companies will provide boxes at a price slightly higher than you can get them for in the store.,
If you implement just these 5 ideas you could save and earn several hundred of dollars to help you with your move. If you have questions about the prices for professional moving services, or professional packing services, Contact Us Right Away, we are here to help you save money.